
Hi everyone!! I'm on the reunion committee and hoping we'll have a big turn out. It would be great to see some of you who haven't made it to the other ones. I'm looking forward to visiting with those of you who did make it. It always leaves me with a good feeling to touch bases with old friends.
After graduation I moved to Seattle for 6 months and worked for Household Finance Corp. Got really homesick for Larry and moved to Spokane and worked a year for a bank. Larry and I got married on the 29th of March, 1969 and lived in Alabama till he was discharged from the Army in April, 1971. We were so happy to move back home to Boundary Co. and buy the farm from Larry's Mom. We raised our 3 children here: Lori, Mike and Dan. Now we have 8 grandchildren. Mike and Dan both have houses here on the farm. Lori, her husband Chris and their 4 boys live in Ft. Sam Houston, TX. He is a Combat Medic training the young ones there. I just got home from spending a month with them. It's so nice to be spoiled by her.
Larry was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer in Oct. 1993 and lived for ten years before he died on Dec. 4, 2003. My life will never be quite right again.... We were married for almost 35 years.
I was a school cook for 18 years. Starting at Mt. Hall then moving to Evergreen and then to Valley View. I loved working around the little ones. I had to retire early because of Fibromyalgia and Arthritis, but keep busy helping with the farm and the grandkids. Mike has taken over the farm but I get to be here for him. I have to say that my life has been very good.....

No comments:
Post a Comment