Sunday, June 24, 2007

Greetings from Randy Eddy


This is Randy Eddy saying hi after all these years. The big 60 is sneaking up on our class. It is hard to believe. Life is like a mist; appears for a little while and is gone. Howver, how much fun it has been. Still not sure I will be able to make the reunion.....
A year after graduation I moved to Shelton, WA where I met my present wife, Karen. We were married there in 1971 and moved to Sandpoint in 1976 with our son and daughter. We lived there 20 years and then moved to Warrenton, OR. where we live now. We love it here on the Oregon coast. Karen and I have three grandsons. I have another grandson, two grandaughters, and a great-grandaughter from my daughter with Diane. I have worked as a sawfiler since 1971 and have enjoyed the work and the challenge. I never got rich except the treasure I have found in my wife and children. However, we have enjoyed these years together. We have played in the sands of the Caribbean beaches; stood in awe at the edge of the Grand Canyon and Crater Lake; watched the sunset in Key West; watched the leaves turn color in the New England states; stood next to a lava flow in Hawaii; and was scared to death in New York City. Standing outside of the United Nations Building, made me reflect on the failure of this organization to bring peace to our beautiful home.
All these and many more memories have made me appreciate this life we have been given. Reflecting on these last 40 years also brought to mind those who never came home, and those lost in accidents, and to illness. We need to live for them and treasure the time we have to be with our families and to enjoy the times that were stolen from those who lost this treasure of life.
To the class of 1967 we wish a happy life full of joy.
Randy and Karen Eddy anchors53@msn.com

No comments: