


This is Lory Curtis, and I live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. Some of you may not remember me since I only attended Bonner's Ferry High in my senior year. It is amazing how that one year changed my life forever. I have always been very proud to be a BFHS Badgre! After graduation I served in the Marine Corps for 10 years, got married, got out of the Marines, and became an auto mechanics high school teacher. My wife Chris and I have 5 children (4 boys, 1 girl), and how have 9 grandchildren (5 grandsons, 4 granddaughters). Most of them live outside of Utah so we are empty nesters now. Leaving active duty in 1973, I couldn't get the military out of my blood so I joined the Army National Guard/Army Reserve where I was trained as a helicopter pilot. After years of living a dual life of teacher and citizen soldier I returned to active duty, where I had the time of my life flying helicopters. In 1994, I retired from the Army with 27 years. Not letting any grass grow under my feet I returned to school and got a doctorate in Education Leadership at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. I have been a High School Principal for the past 14 years. I've got four years to go and I can retire once again for the last time. Some of you may remember I played the Bass Guitar in a rock n roll bank in Bonners Ferry called "The Other Ones" with Harry Mayo, Jim Mace, Paul Ugstad, and Kim Jenkins. Well, I am still playing in classic rock n roll bands today. It is great fun. Best wishes to everyone of the Class of 1967. I attended the 20 year reunion, and hope to be able to attend the 40th reunion.

No comments:
Post a Comment